101 Long Distance Relationship Gift Ideas! For 2017!

by LDR Mag
21 comments 941574 views

ldr gift ideas1440. Keep a journal together

If you want a gift that you can both work on together, try this idea which is a shared notebook that with questions you and your partner can answer together everyday. You can fill in half the answers and send the book to your partner, or grab two books and fill them out together, even though you’re apart. Years from now you’ll have an amazing keepsake. (photo source)

41. Send a pillow case

Okay, I know what you’re thinking: a pillow case, seriously? Seriously! These couple pillow cases are the perfect way to let your partner know that you’re thinking of them, day and night, when they’re away. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but the designs fit together so you know your other half actually has the other half wherever they are. (photo source)

42. Send love coupons

Create a custom and personalized coupon book for your sweet heart EASILY. This website even lets you customize the characters in the book to look like yourself and your partner and even change facial expressions and body postures for each coupon. Have them redeemed when you’re together! (photo source)

ldr gift ideas1543. Send a jar of notes

Surprise them with a beautiful jar of 31 messages enclosed in linen envelopes to be opened each day or anytime they need
a smile! A really amazing gift for a long distance friend, mom, sister or anybody! (photo source)

44. Send coffee overseas

If you’re a military S/O, or if the person you love lives far away in another country, this service lets you send a package of gourmet coffee to them. It’s great for shipping a gift to AFO/APO addresses without any hassle and is a nice treat to the person who gets it! (photo source)

45. Send a mini slideshow

This is so cool! Send a mini slideshow of your choice of instagram photos along with a little projector that will blow it up in full color on a wall. Small enough to fit in your hands and in your pockets, this idea is made for LDRs. (photo source)

ldr gift ideas1646. Send some soap roses

Even if you can’t send a bouquet of real roses (some places are impossible to order from when you’re far away) you can always try an alternative: a soap bouquet. These will last a long time, are totally practical and one of a kind. (photo source)

47. Send a wooden card

Send a card that is actually made from real wood! Paper is technically wood in another form, but this is ACTUAL real wood. Talk about one of a kind! It will never bend, tear, crumble or break and will last the lifetime of your relationship.
(photo source)

48. Send a cookie card

These cards are actually cookies with your message or photo of choice printed on the front. Next time your boyfriend says he’s missing your face, send him this cookie with a sweet message and a photo of the two of you.
(photo source)

ldr gift ideas1749. A custom plush of yourself

Perfect for loved ones that are far away, this service lets you send plush versions of yourself to anyone anywhere. Or, make a plush version of your S/O to keep near when you’re missing them. Great for kids, too! (photo source)

50. Send a love note bottle

The perfect long distance relationship gift for that someone special, the Love Note Bottle comes complete with everything you need to send a message in the bottle. Write a note on the included paper, stick it back in the bottle and send it on its way!
(photo source)

51. Send a coordinate bracelet

Wear the place and moments that mean the most to you with a custom coordinate bracelet or ring. These can be used to celebrate and remember a wedding day, a first anniversary or just your resolve to love each other forever.
 (photo source)

21 comments

Mixcard July 31, 2014 - 4:32 pm

Sound is the closest sensation to touch! We made an app that lets you send music on a postcard easily.

I think it would fit well in this list 🙂

LDR Magazine July 31, 2014 - 5:40 pm

Very cool! Thanks for the suggestion! : )

María López August 6, 2014 - 11:38 am

I just sent my SO a digital portrait filled with pics of us we took in our last visit. And the nice part about this gift is he can keep adding more pics as we see each other in our other visits. 🙂

Sarah September 28, 2014 - 11:55 pm

I found another unique ldr gift. A message egg that reveals a note once it is “Cracked” open. My bf loved it!

Brit October 8, 2014 - 12:27 am

Thank you for this!! I’m in a new long distance relationship and It has helped me out so much!

Michael Newhall October 30, 2014 - 11:58 pm

These are such a fabulous gift ideas for those who are in long distance relationships.

David November 18, 2014 - 1:12 am

I’m sending my gf a necklace that’s a half a heart, and i have another with the other half. That way we have a piece tying us together always.

Haley December 25, 2014 - 7:04 pm

One idea is open when letters!! Please check them out on Pinterest and tumblr

Hailey February 11, 2015 - 9:35 pm

beerbouquet, halftimebeverage, minibar, all deliver drinks right to your door! i sent my bf a six pack of his fav beer after a long day at work

LDR Magazine February 12, 2015 - 11:43 am

Thanks for the Tip Hailey!

Nick May 2, 2015 - 4:32 pm

Yes, being in a LDR is hard but it’s possible!! You only have to want to go through this. I met my Polish girlfriend on a website and we just started to talk… Then I realized I fell in love! She is amazing 😀 We are together since 8 months and it’s the best time in my life. We are trying to see each other as often as it’s possible, we talk to each other everyday… You can do it if you only want 🙂 🙂

word696969 October 20, 2015 - 12:20 pm

The gift of nothing. Clever but it will probably result in pain. Mine.

Juliet October 24, 2015 - 9:58 am

Wonderful ideas…. I guess a customized pillow with pictures of u two as d background will b a good idea….. Spunky.

Farah Weaver November 21, 2015 - 10:10 pm

I got my fiancé a blanket that is 50×60 with my picture on it so she can feel like she is holding me… She will receive it next week… I hope she likes it.

Jonathan Andrews May 16, 2016 - 11:04 pm

I sent my girl an Emorange. They are at emorange.com. She loved it and sent one back!

Sober S October 3, 2016 - 4:14 pm

Very nice article. Mine was a long distance relation so I know some of the best gifts for girl friends.

John November 23, 2016 - 9:29 pm

Love this list! There are only so many times one can send flowers to one’s lover’s office! I would also like to suggest sending a custom made song from https://www.romance-outsourced.com
We regularly create songs for long distance couples to remind each other how much they love each other! always a winner 😉

LDR Magazine December 27, 2016 - 11:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestion John! Loves songs are the ultimate “I love You!”

Manju Thomas December 20, 2016 - 4:25 am

Great article! I have sent my girlfriend Candeberg LED candles and she loved it so much.

Renan May 19, 2017 - 2:14 pm

Cool tips, my girlfriend went to travel and I gave a personalized cover with our photo. She loved https://www.photoized.net/

Best Dating Apps February 21, 2018 - 5:00 pm

I am in a distance relationship and her birthday was coming so I was not able to think what should be the perfect gift for, but here I got many innovative ideas for sending gifts which helped me a lot.