15 Truly Inspiring Short Poems About Long Distance Relationships

by LDR Mag
50 comments 306910 views

Poems are the writers way of expressing emotions, thoughts and experiences. Through poetry we are able to tell our story to the world. By reading poetry we are able to identify with people we may have never met on a very personal level.

The following poems about long distance relationships are written by real people. They express not only the longing and the sadness that comes along with missing someone who is far away, but also the simple joy of being in love and reuniting once your item apart has ended.

[symple_divider style=”solid” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″]

ldrpoem13

At Night

ldrpoem14

One More Day

ldrpoem15

[symple_divider style=”solid” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″]

If you are feeling sad, alone or hopeless these poems about long distance relationships will help you to see that others have felt the way that you do -and everything will be okay in the end. Isn’t that what the LDR community is all about?

50 comments

Sneha Fernandes January 8, 2015 - 8:00 am

At times feel very alone and lonely as my hubby is so far and its taking time for me to join him.

aria February 12, 2015 - 12:33 pm

i love these alot. this gave me inspiration to write my song for gcse piece, but also got me throught the day because i have a boyfriend on the other side of my country, who is anoher reason i want to write about long distance relationships.

LDR Magazine February 12, 2015 - 12:35 pm

Thanks for sharing Aria! We’re glad we could help provide you with some inspiration and wish you the best in your long distance journey!

jacki February 19, 2015 - 10:19 am

My Boyfriend is 738km away and every night its really cold and lonely,am really jealous of the guys who get to see him everyday but these poems will keep me going now on. Thanks a bunch.

csalvador March 21, 2015 - 1:40 am

I thank this site alot, I have just started a very long distance relationship. My boyfriend and someday will be my husband to be lives in Accra, Ghana. And I am in Las Vegas Nevada so that is very far I thank you all for helping me stay strong in this long distance relationship.

Jennifer February 26, 2016 - 2:56 am

Aww really I’m Ghanaian and I’m in a LDR!! With my bf in Virginia i live in Massachusetts tho. I MISS HIM SO MUCH HMMM I’M 19.

Kathy March 20, 2016 - 5:49 pm

I know how you feel my man is in Ghana I hope you get to come home soon and like you these poems I mean a lot and help me get through these things even though I chat with Mike everyday.I still get lonely..

coldspaghetti13 March 22, 2015 - 3:34 pm

The poems made me cry. There is an 11,800 mile distance between me and my boyfriend but the distance is not an obstacle for us to celebrate our passion for each other. Now I am even more inspired to write my own poetry.

Rose April 9, 2015 - 9:04 pm

I thank this site and their poems, about 6 months ago I started a very long distance relationship. My boyfriend lives in Canberra, Australia and I live in Miami, Florida. A long distance relationship can be so hard at times but if you really love each other it is well worth it. This is my first time i have been in a long distance relationship and I hope all goes well.

LDR Magazine April 9, 2015 - 10:34 pm

Thank you for the lovely comment Rose! We hope all goes well for you and your boyfriend too!

Alex April 25, 2015 - 6:57 pm

A couple of these also pertain to
widowhood.

Cienna May 25, 2018 - 3:03 pm

You are saying what I felt!

Nicole Loschi May 7, 2015 - 2:26 am

Thank you for sharing, beautiful poems !

Deborah Best May 19, 2015 - 4:36 am

I woke up this morning with tears in by eyes, i took my fiance to the airport . he is joining the french Legion. i dont have a clue when i will see him again but it breaks my heart…..I love him so much it like taking a breath. I want to thank you for sharing your poems.

Charall C July 6, 2015 - 6:58 pm

There’s a guy who I befriended online, who my heart truly longs for and sometimes the heartache is unbearable, but I’m in Texas, he lives in Argentina, very long distance. I try to keep myself from feeling jealous of his friends and family who can spend time with him everyday, but I’m only human, a woman with a massive crush. Thanks for these poems, good to know I’m not alone in what I’m feeling….

Celine July 26, 2015 - 8:30 am

I just started my LDR We have 1 month together and I feel like it’s the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. I long for him… and I can’t wait to see him in Sept

Keith July 31, 2015 - 12:18 am

My girlfriend of 10 months and I met for the first time around 2 weeks ago. I stayed with her and her family for 2 weeks in their home. I got home 2 days ago, I’ve never been in so much pain. She’s perfect. But I had to come back home for work and school. But I wouldn’t have traded my trip for anything. LDR’s do work, stay committed, stay optimistic, and stay grounded. Don’t build the relationship on lies. And I garuntee, when you meet, after a few minutes (weird at first), the connection, that smile, those eyes, will melt your heart. Best of wishes to you all, stay safe.

-Keith

Rebekah August 16, 2015 - 10:14 pm

Me and my boyfriend reese have been together for a year , its hard now 12 hours away I live in Pennsylvania hes in fife lake mi, I miss him every day these poams really help me see the brighter side of this journey I feel like my heart is breaking every day that passes by , these paoms make everything feel okay when I moved down here I felt like my other half was taken from me hes my best friend and lover
, thank you

Lezlie September 8, 2015 - 12:18 am

I have been in a 6 month LDR with a man who is originally Canadian but who is working in Capetown, South Africa… talk about a long distance away. We have not yet met but hope too soon, I hope, The nights are the hardest for me, that and being jealous that all his coworkers get to see him daily. Thank you for your poems they are so insightful.

Thomas September 20, 2015 - 7:06 am

I have been in a long distance relationship for 5 years! Somehow we make it work. Some of these poems really touched me, like “Every Evening”. I often read poetry like this and it helps. Thanks for this!

Gmary November 17, 2015 - 6:31 pm

.wanna go back home….i never wanna leave you again darling…it hurts when you’re miles apart with the one you love

chocolatechaser November 28, 2015 - 7:42 pm

My guy..i really don’t know if he’s mine…he is far away we speak everday.evrythn is perfect except I love him and he doesn’t..
He wil be cumin soon next mo th would be meetin him after 1 n half year…
These poems r truly awesome..make me love him more without expectations of loving back

Nicole Herranz March 14, 2016 - 11:05 pm

The one about thunder and lightning made me cry. I live in Atlanta,Georgia and my boyfriend that I’ve been with for nearly a year lives in Los Angeles, California. I called him once ’cause there was a bad storm and I was slightly scared. Fortunately, he was comforted me until I fell asleep to the sound of his voice.

Love Poems Lover May 20, 2016 - 4:40 am

I really enjoyed these, especially “Miles Between Us” and “Blanket”. It certainly isn’t easy to be so far apart from someone you love. We’ve been apart for 2 years now, but will, finally, be reunited soon. I met a couple who have been apart for 10 years, but are still together and raise children. Amazing!

Alyssia May 24, 2016 - 12:14 am

These are amazing. My boyfriend is all the way in jJapan, and on top of our LDR, I have depression and anxiety. These poems touched me and I am so glad I found this site. It helps me when I need to know, I’m not the only one going through this! Thank you so much for putting this together!

Nelsie Lee Guevarra June 22, 2016 - 4:27 pm

Thank you for making this site, I really appreciate it. Whenever I feel sad, or need someone to cheer me up if my boyfriend is busy at work, I always read your poems and other stuffs related about LDR. I’ve been in this kind of relationship since last year, and we’ve been surviving LDR for 1 year and 4 mos now. 🙂

LDR Magazine June 22, 2016 - 6:14 pm

Thank you Nelsie! So glad we can help bring some positivity to your long distance journey. Hoping you and your boyfriend are able to closet the gap soon!

Herbert Lelega August 21, 2016 - 4:37 pm

She means a lot to me day and night. 8 months now, I have missed her arms, chest, funs and smiles. Over 700km away from me, it pains me! But LDR now makes me going. Thanks.

Ilta August 26, 2016 - 9:49 pm

All of them are so beautiful.. I wish i could beat the distance soon.

Harley Austin October 6, 2016 - 7:12 am

these poems are really very very inspiring thank you ldrmagazine

LDR Magazine October 11, 2016 - 7:09 pm

You are so welcome Harley! Thanks for stopping by!

Leo October 6, 2016 - 6:12 pm

Pynkie,
These last months have been a roller coaster of emotions, but trust me when I say, Im enjoying the ride and I’m excited. I can’t wait to see what’s on the other side.
❤️ Leo

Sheri October 19, 2016 - 8:16 pm

My love is not only far far away, but also behind bars … Two years away from one another, one more to go …. Tears my soul apart every night.

Nini November 10, 2016 - 5:24 pm

After living with him for 2 years in the UK as we both are studying for a degree, he finally got a reply from the school in the states that he have been wanting to go for a very long time. He is leaving soon, soonest in January 2017, and I’m gonna miss him so much. We have been for almost 10 years and this is the first time we will be in a long distance relationship. I just keep telling myself that it’s for our future but sometimes u just can’take accept the fact. Right now, I’m trying to accept that he is leaving and I’ll prolly see him in December for the holidays. I hope everything goes well.

LDR Magazine November 10, 2016 - 10:54 pm

Hey Nini,
I know it’s scary but don’t worry! You can totally survive this. Just keep telling yourself that it’s only temporary. Congrats on your upcoming 10 years of being together! And don’t hesitate to use our website to make the distance easier. There’s so many amazing tools for you here <3

Bianca Real November 30, 2016 - 5:46 am

Yes, it is truly hard to be in a long distance relationship. Loving a person you never met in your entire life. Trusting him that only your feeling is the way that it says he’s real. But it is really a proof that we are strong enough that no matter how it takes. As long as it makes us happy we still keep on holding on and looking forward that someday you’ll be together for real and live happily ever after❤❤❤
*Steph-bianca#20 ever

pretty January 8, 2017 - 2:00 pm

Well for the first time in my life I’ve never been in love with any guy…or let me ,I’ve never had a boyfriend. But,well last year on August i became in love with this guy..but whats painful is that;that very same year on October he had to go and study outside the country.Yoh…u know it feels like I’ve known him my entire life and now we only got so little time to be together cause now hes away and i will see him again this July and then he’ll go again.We always talk over the phone cause communication is the best thing we have to do at all times……and reading these poems have eased something in my heart

Jezreel Lema February 22, 2017 - 4:01 am

Long distance relationship is just as hard as it sounds. No one wants to be far away from the one they love but on some reasons, you just have to be apart and whats hard is that you don’t have the luxury of time to talk things out. The man I love will be away for 3 long years and I just don’t know if we could survive this distance between us. Thanks to LDR magazine I realize that LOVE know no distance and by his words of comfort telling me that he would never cheat on me, I become less worried. I love him and I will wait for him because he is worth every wait, no matter how long.

RabbitEverywhere June 9, 2017 - 3:14 am

Sometimes I am preoccupied. I have lots of things in my head. Doubts, questions, fears, all the negativity in the world. We’re too far from each other. He comes home every after 8 months. When we’re together everything feels okay but when he’s leaving, it feels like I am stub over and over again. I know I should get use to this but we’re just new. We’re only 4months but for us, it seems that we’ve known each other for a long time. There are times when I try to hang out with my friends and workmates just to divert my mind but when I am alone and about to sleep I can’t help myself to think of him. Of all the relationships I had this one is different and this one has a lot of impact on me. Maybe this is the reason why I am so scared that if we will not make it it will hurt like hell. I know I love him so much but I also know that there is no certain in this world. God knows how much I miss him and God knows how much I love him. I want to talk to him everyday but we barely have slim chance because of the internet connection available in his place and of course the time because he is working. Though I know it’s for our future sometimes I just think that if others who are not working and earning a lot of money can make it why can’t we just do the same? (I know it’s a bit foolish but I just want us to be together). The lonely nights, it’s killing me. But I know that our love is worth every mile so I’m taking the risk. Let’s show the world what Long Distance Relationship really mean. ☺

RabbitEverywhere June 9, 2017 - 3:15 am

I remember my friend telling me that “It takes a strong woman to love a seaman.” It made me smile really because it’s true.

Love June 27, 2017 - 5:05 am

I liked all the long distance relationship quotes but my favorite is the 8th one. I really appreciate your hard work.

Jhonny October 9, 2017 - 12:50 pm

The lyrics influenced me to cry. There is a 12,300 mile separate amongst me and my better half however the separation isn’t an obstruction for us to praise our enthusiasm for each other. Presently I am considerably more roused to compose my own particular verse.

ashvini patil December 15, 2017 - 7:39 am

Thanks for sharing

Angelina January 8, 2018 - 5:30 pm

these are the best short poems ever about long distance I was about to give up on everything but thank you for this now I am more than strong and I will be patient enough to wait for my love

LDR Magazine January 15, 2018 - 7:56 pm

Hey Angelina!

So glad to hear that they gave you a little boost! Distance is hard, but you’ve totally got this girl! If you ever need another boost, feel free to come back and read some of these poems again. 🙂

xoxo,
Sunny & LDR Mag

M3 January 27, 2018 - 12:51 pm

u just hurt my feeling again with these poems sad forever………..

cute paragraph February 5, 2018 - 7:34 am

Thank you for sharing these inspirational quotes and pictures. I like your website, full of inspiration. I have book marked this page so I can read it again.

Christian Myers March 11, 2018 - 11:07 am

I am an aspiring poet in a kind of LDR. I met him on a app, he lives in Brazil, and I live in the United States. He isn’t ready for a relationship because he isn’t out, and he doesn’t think he can come out, he has also tried LDR’s in the past that didn’t work, which is why I am hesitant to call it a LDR. We both love each other and we will finally meet next year, but the pain and misery of knowing that everyday I will wake up without him is still here, it hurts. I looked up LDR poems for inspiration, and I found a good bunch. Thank you, this website might actually make things easier between me and him, or at least I hope so.

Flo April 3, 2018 - 11:31 pm

My boyfriend and me had a ldr for 8 years. He is in Chicago, me in south of France. We just broke it off. Its hurting like hell. I was lucky to see him often thanks to my job. But in the end reality is harsh…. There are kids on either side, reality sinks in. If you cannot plan anything together in near future, yes an ldr can survive…. We would still have to wait for 5 years for kids to grow up. And than who moves? Than u will be far away from kids. My hearth is hurting like crazy, i lost my soulmate, my everything…. we survived many obstacles, but in the end the distance killed US.

Vicky parker June 3, 2018 - 9:20 am

Oh my the last comment made me cry, I have been with my fiance for almost 3 years. He’s in Michigan and I’m in the UK. I have visited 5 times. And he has been here for 8 weeks. On my last visit in February I was refused entrance as was on the wrong kind of visa. Now its june and our anniversary is coming up we are feeling very sad waiting to hear about a fiance visa. I have 5 children, youngest will be coming with me,my older children will visit. I could never giver up, all I want is to be with my fiance,we met online and he’s my soulmate. I would wait years just to be with him, you have to be true to yourself and be with the one that fills your heart with joy. We are on a constant video call as soon as I get home from work. line app is free if you truly love each other you can take comfort in each others voice and laugh (and amazing smile) we watch movies together and watch netfilix. When you find your soulmate never let go. Theses poems are great and I often read them out to him thankyou.