If there’s anything we learned from last month’s Instagram challenge it’s that long distance couples love to take photos of their relationship. Sharing and taking photos are our way of connecting from afar, displaying how much we love each other, and showing others how great our relationships are.
However because of the distance LDR couples face a unique challenge in their ability to take photos together. When we are together photo taking is not difficult but from behind a computer screen or across oceans we can find ourselves scratching our heads and wracking our brains for ways to accomplish this.
Photos have always been associated with memories and usually those memories are good ones. So taking photos can be an important part of dealing with the distance in a positive memory building way. That is why we have composed this list of 40+ ways to take fun and colorful photos together even when you are oceans apart.
40+ Impossibly Fun Photo Ideas
For Long Distance Couples
Webcam Photo Ideas
Because most of us spend so much time together skyping or video chatting via some other means, it only stands to reason that we’d inevitably want to take photos together that way. After all, it’s literally the closest thing to being right there next together. Plus, you’ll want these photos to use as documentation for how your relationship has evolved when you get married or have kids someday!
01. Take a Photo Using Your Computer as a place holder for them!
It’s totally not weird, we promise.
02. Take a Photo Of Your LDR Date Night
Because date nights are classy & you should show them off!
03. Touching through the computer screen
So symbolic of how distance can’t keep you apart, even when you are.
04. Just having a good time together
A cool way to show the world that LDR’s are fun & not at all hopeless!
05. Smile Together!
Who says it has to be fancy? A simple smile together will do.
06. Sleeping Together
If you have the luxury of similar time-zones, this is a great thing to do together.
07. With a furry friend!
Yes, that is a penguin.
08. Two Hearts Joined Together
Through the computer screen, or through skype windows -this is a cool idea!
09. Kissing Through the Skype Windows
The closest you can get to actually kissing? Perhaps!
Combined Photo Ideas
We’re often in 2 different places at once, our partners and us. While that can seem to be a bit of a bummer, it can also be a really great opportunity to do something fun! Other couples are always together when they take photos, but you and your S/O can take the most creative photos ever because you’re miles apart. Imagine a photo of a guy from Switzerland merged to the photo of a girl in Australia! The scenery in the background alone would make the photo incredibly interesting & fun. So let have a look at those ideas!
10. Sitting on a park bench together
…sorta. You get the idea!
11. Shoes Together
This hasn’t been done very much, but there’s so many directions you can go with this!
12. Half you, Half Me
An artistic interpretation of 2 halves forming a whole.
13. Hands forming Half A Heart
You could also go the route of two arms forming a whole heart!
14. Split screen phone photos
This is our favorite on this list. Such a clever Idea and so many ways to interpret this!
15. Kissing Through Space
A real long distance photo idea classic!
16. When Worlds collide
A.K.A. split location and activity photos! Very neat!
Fun Photo Ideas
Photo Ideas For Long Distance Couples aren’t limited to just webcam photos, or split screen photos. There’s SO MANY creative ways to take photos together from afar. Take a look for yourself will all the cool ideas we found below!
17. Random Fun Photo Ideas
These aren’t your run of the mill ideas, they’re pretty darn unique & we’d love to see more couples try these out!
18. Heart Collage Photos
19. Couples Artwork
Good for couples who can’t take a photo together physically yet!
20. Photo Collages
21. Countdown App Photos
Visiting Together Photo Ideas
The beauty of a long distance relationship is that we’re not ALWAYS apart from each other. So why not take some of the time you spend to together to take photos and document the amazing feelings of just being together!
22. Photo Booth Photos
Photos of photo booth photos. It’s photo-ception.
23. Couple Shirts
Flaunt your matching shirts! Finally the 2 pairs are together!
24. Holding Airport Signs
Because airport signs are half the fun of getting to see your S/O again
P.S. You might like this: 50+ Long Distance Welcome Home Sign Ideas!
25. Saying Goodbye
When the moment comes for you to part ways, it might be the last thing on your mind to take a photo, but if you do, this is a sweet, very sentimental idea.
26. Doing things together
Take a photo of the two of you doing anything together. It’s so nice to heave each other around, isn’t it!
27. Shadow Photos
For another dose of sweet symbolism, take a photo of your shadows together because, how often do you really get to see that as a long distance couple?
Even More Fun Photo Ideas For Long Distance Couples
While the ideas above are fun, creative and beautiful to look at, there are still so many amazing photo ideas for long distance couples that haven’t even been done yet! Maybe you can help us out by trying some of our ideas below:
28. Tin can phones connecting across 2 separate photos
29. Back to back leaning against 2 trees split down the middle
30. Back to back leaning against a wall with arms crossed
31. Holding the same color balloon and “holding hands”
32. Playing tug of war across 2 separate photos
33. Being handed a flower/looking flattered
34. Swinging together while apart
35. A sign or a picture that you each hold half of
36. Set up two halves of a dinner table and eat a meal “together”
37. Matching shirts worn while far apart
38. A stuffed bear (or 2) that you each hold half of
39. A split photo of you watching tv/cuddling together
40. A split photo of you both laying down, bottom half him, upper half her
41. Matching entire outfits (not just matching shirts, the whole thing!)
42. High-fiving through the skype windows
43. Feeding your S/O Through the skype window
44. A spaghetti date night, lady & the Tramp style!
45. Talking on the phone together (old style phone cord connecting)